Assessment Calendar and Deadlines
The 2021 assessment and appeal schedule has not been finalized. We will publish information on this page later this month. Our phone lines remain open to the public during normal business hours and assistance is available via our website and social media channels.
It's 2021, and our Office has been hard at work accomplishing the following:
Preparing for Chicago's 2021 reassessment.
- We've been refining our modeling code and using dozens of features to estimate values of homes so that our estimate of every Chicago home's value is as accurate and fair as possible. Learn more: Watch our presentation at Chi Hack Night >>
- Our team has been meeting with stakeholders and conducting market research on office, retail, industrial, multi-family, and other commercial real estate sectors throughout the City of Chicago.
2021 Practitioners Meeting Presentation Slides >> and Video >>
Commercial real estate participants: Market Analyst Day Presentations >>
Submit RPIE valuations data >>
Automatically renewing exemptions throughout Cook County.
- Hundreds of thousands of seniors, Senior Freeze recipients, persons with disabilities, and veterans with disabilities were sent mail about their exemptions being automatically renewed. Read more >>
- Homeowners who need to apply for exemptions can apply online.
Upgrading technology for better service and transparency.
- In March 2020, we're launching the first phase of the County’s integrated property tax system. This upgrade moves us off an aging mainframe system onto a state-of-the-art platform that allows property owners to more easily access and update property data.
The 2021 assessment and appeal schedule is coming soon.
Last updated: 4/2/2021
Exemptions calendar for Tax Year 2020
|Township||2020 auto-renewal confirmations mailed||2020 Exemption applications accepted|
|ALL||February 2021||Until 4/6/2021|
Assessment Calendar: City of Chicago
|Township||Reassessment Notice Mail Date||CCAO appeal dates||Date A-Roll Certified||Date A-Roll Published||Board of Review appeal dates||Pass|
Assessment Calendar: Suburbs (North, South, and West)
In the North Suburban and South and West Suburban townships, individual properties will only be reassessed only if there is a change due to division work, permit applications, or other special applications.
|Township||Reassessment Notice Mail Date||CCAO Appeal Dates||Date A-Roll Certified||Date A-Roll Published||Board of Review Appeal Dates||Pass|
How often is my property reassessed?
Cook County is reassessed triennially, which means one-third of the county is reassessed each year. This year, the south suburbs will be reassessed. Your property may also be reassessed if there are significant changes due to a permit application, property division, demolition, or other special application.
Enter PIN to see property details
Don’t know the property’s PIN? Search by address.