Schedule an appointment
Assessor's Office staff will be available at our Downtown Chicago office, at select branch offices, and at the offices of our local government partners, all on an appointment-only basis.
- To visit us in person, you will be required to:
- have an appointment
- wear a mask and practice physical distancing
- answer health-related questions and undergo thermal screening
Options are available for those who wish to avoid in-person appointments.
Services offered online from the Cook County Assessor's Office:
Ask us questions:
Please have your property tax bill ready.
- Call us at (312) 443-7550 if you have specific questions or issues regarding your property tax bill.
- Send a message if you have specific questions or issues regarding your specific property tax bill. Please note that it can take one or more weeks for us to reply to your email.
- Contact us on Facebook or Twitter if you have general questions about our office services.
Assisting someone without internet access?
- Call us at (312) 443-7550. We can mail forms and offer assistance over the phone. Please have your tax bill ready.
Where do I find my PIN?
Your 14-digit Property Index Number (PIN) is printed on your tax bill, your property closing documents and deed, and notices from the Assessor's office (such as your assessment notice).
Enter PIN to see property details
Don’t know the property’s PIN? Search by address.