South Suburban homeowners: Here's how to correct errors in your property assessments
Monday, October 12, 2020
Virtual Appeal Seminars Scheduled for South Suburban Cook County
Cook County - Cook County Assessor Fritz Kaegi announced his office will co-host five virtual Town Hall Appeal Seminars to help south suburban property owners understand and appeal their properties' proposed reassessment values.
Each year, the Cook County Assessor's Office (Assessor’s Office) reassesses one-third of the nearly 1.8 million parcels of property located in Cook County. This year, the Assessor’s Office has reassessed properties located in south and west suburban Cook County.
"These virtual outreach seminars provide personal and safe access to information via Facebook Live and YouTube," Assessor Kaegi said. "We want property owners to have all the information necessary to understand their reassessment values and appeal them if there are errors.”
The virtual meetings will help property owners understand the different reasons for filing appeals and guide them through the online appeals process. The Assessor and his staff will also be on hand to facilitate a live Q&A portion of the meeting.
The final south suburban townships currently open for appeals include the following.
- Bremen Township with an appeal deadline date of October 22, 2020
- Rich Township with an appeal deadline date of October 30, 2020
- Bloom Township with an appeal deadline date of November 12, 2020
For a list of other townships currently open for appeals, please visit our website at https://www.cookcountyassessor.com/assessment-calendar-and-deadlines.
“I hope property owners will join my office and the other elected officials co-hosting these informative virtual events. Working together we can continue to ensure that no one pays more than their fair share of property taxes,” Assessor Kaegi said.
Upcoming South Suburban Virtual Seminars:
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020 from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Town Hall Appeal Seminar co-hosted by Commissioner Deborah Sims and Assessor Kaegi
- Thursday, October 15, 2020 from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Town Hall Appeal Seminar co-hosted by Rich Township Assessor Sam Brown and Assessor Kaegi
- Monday, October 19, 2020 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Town Hall Appeal Seminar co-hosted by Bremen Township Assessor Willie Jones and Assessor Kaegi
- Wednesday, October 20, 2020 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Town Hall Appeal Seminar with Bremen Township Mayors co-hosted by Tyrone Ward, Mayor of Robbins, James W. Ford, Mayor of Country Club Hills, Roger Agpawa, Mayor of Markham, and Assessor Kaegi
- Property Tax Assessment & Appeal Workshop with the Village of Richton Park on Thursday, October 21, 2020 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.