Access the CCAO Online
Many services with the Cook County Assessor’s Office can be accessed from the comfort of home, for free.
- Learn about Exemptions
- Missed an exemption on your second-installment tax bill? Go here.
- File a Property Assessment Appeal
- File a Freedom of Information Act Request
- Subscribe to weekly updates from our office regarding new information and services
- View property details
- Get answers to frequently-asked questions about property taxes
- Read real estate and Assessor's property valuation reports
- Find comparable properties
- Get property tax information from the Cook County Treasurer
- All Cook County services
Have questions or need assistance from our office?
Cook County Assessor’s Office staff will continue to provide services even if our office is closed to the public. At this time, all are encouraged to contact us online. Please note that our staff responds personally to every message. We appreciate your patience as we try to assist all taxpayers.
- Send us a message online.
- Send us a message on Facebook.
- Call us: (312) 443-7550
- Contact us by mail:
118 N. Clark Street, Rm 320
Chicago, IL 60602
In the suburbs, your local township Assessor may be able to assist you.
Where do I find my PIN?
Your Property Index Number (PIN) is printed on your tax bill, your property closing documents and deed, and notices from the Assessor's office (such as your assessment notice).
Enter PIN to see property details
Don’t know the property’s PIN? Search by address.