Apartment with 6+ Units
Class 3, Apartment buildings with 6+ units: This class includes all improved real estate used for residential purposes which is not included in Class 2 or in Class 9.
You may submit your appeal and supporting documents entirely online when your property's township is open for appeals.
For Class 3 apartment buildings with more than 6 units:
- if the property is a condominium, please use the online Condo/Co-Op appeal form
- otherwise, please use the online Commercial Appeal Form.
Real Property Income & Expense
The Real Property Income & Expense (RPIE) statement is required when the subject of an appeal is an income-producing property, in whole or in part, per Rule 20. An online filing is required if:
- the income from this property was reported to the IRS on a Schedule E or Form 8825
- the lessee of this property was party to a net or triple net lease, and is therefore responsible for the property's real estate taxes
If the property type is not supported by the online form, the PDF form is available:
- Real Property Income and Expense Worksheet (RPIE)
- Real Property Income and Expense Worksheet (RPIE) Instructions
Where do I find my PIN?
Your 14-digit Property Index Number (PIN) is printed on your tax bill, your property closing documents and deed, and notices from the Assessor's office (such as your assessment notice).
Enter PIN to see property details
Don’t know the property’s PIN? Search by address.